2021 Canadian Law Blog Awards Winner

What if I don't want to move to Canada after obtaining my permanent residency?

November 2019

At long last, you have received your Confirmation of Permanent resident document, and possibly also a permanent resident visa. The document you must sign before a border official upon entering Canada has an expiry date, and the letter accompanying the document states you must enter Canada by that date. What if you’re not ready to move to Canada by then?

Read more

Getting to Ronalee Carey Law on Ottawa's new LRT

September 2019

After years of construction and interminable delays, Ottawa’s new light rail transit system is finally operational. Our offices are a mere 350 metres from the Lyon station, which is located at the corner of Lyon and Queen streets.

Read more